The First Nations Health Directors Association (FNHDA) is extremely pleased to announce that Jeanine Lynxleg has joined the Shared Secretariat as the Senior Specialist, Member Services and Programs. Jeanine has accepted a one-year secondment from her position as the FNHA Fraser Salish Regional Manager.
We would like to take a moment to introduce this new role within the Association and share how FNHDA members can contact Jeanine should you need to reach her.
As the Senior Specialist, Jeanine will provide professional peer support service and leadership to the First Nations Health Directors Association and its members. The Senior Specialist for Member Services and Programs is here to listen and respond to members’ needs and concerns. Jeanine can work with new and existing members to support the orientation to the FNHDA by giving background information on the BC First Nations health governance structure and the role of a Health Director. You might be asking yourself “in what ways can I reach out to Jeanine for support?”
You can contact the Senior Specialist for any questions, hands-on mentorship, role-modeling, support or to act as a referral service and liaison with our partners. Below are a few additional examples:
- Do you want to participate in the FNHDA mentorship program?
- Do you want to know how to access First Nations Health Benefits within the FNHA?
- Do you want to get more information on programs and services the First Nation Health Authority provides?
- Do you want to know more about Nursing Services and how to support nurses in your communities?
- Do you have any questions on your Medical Transportation program?
- Do you have any questions on your programs and services in your funding arrangement (i.e. Aboriginal Diabetes, NNADAP)?
- Do you want to learn what are the best components and tips to building a Multi-Year Health Plan
- Do you want assistance in the main components and tips to developing your Community Health Plan?
- Do you want to understand the overall roles and responsibilities of a Health Director’s Role
The Association is excited to introduce this new role to its members, and Jeanine looks forward to having the opportunity to re-connect with Health Directors and meet new members as the FNHDA Senior Specialist for Members Services and Programs.